Solar Sister cares about your data. Find out about how we protect your privacy below.
Solar Sister’s Privacy Notice
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We only have access to or collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to share with you information about our work, to update you on Solar Sister’s activities, to allow you to request information, and to thank you for your support. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email or surface mail in the future to tell you about news or updates, to send you receipts and acknowledgement of donations. In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our website we collect certain information from users, including:
- Personally identifiable information:
- If you make a donation to Solar Sister, we will request personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We seek such information to facilitate your donation and communicate with you about it.
- Unless you specify that a gift be “anonymous” or otherwise request that your name not be listed, we may list your name on our website, brochures or other materials to recognize your generosity. We do not sell or rent our donor lists to anyone. We also do not share your personal data with any third parties other than service providers whom we employ to perform functions on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and email, processing credit card payments. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are not authorized to use it for any other purpose.
- Non-personal information used primarily to provide an enhanced online experience, including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, including your IP address, the date and time you accessed or left the website and which pages you viewed, the type of operating system in use [e.g. Macintosh, Windows], the domain name, and the type of browser being used [e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.].
Use of Your Information
Solar Sister will not sell your personal information to third parties. However, Solar Sister may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To share or disclose information with your consent.
- To comply with applicable law, regulation or governmental request; or where Solar Sister is legally required to disclose your information.
- To share information that is public or does not include personal information, for example, aggregated data or a publicly posted comment.
- To provide you with information relating to our services.
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our website.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via email@example.com:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We care about the security of your personal data. We use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online. We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Third Party Website Interaction
By accessing other third party websites through our Website you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those third-party websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them. We do not have control over whether third parties track a user’s online activities over time and across different websites. We do not have the ability to respond to ‘do not track’ signals in this regard.
How to Contact Us
Katherine Lucey, CEO
94 Interpromontory Rd.
Great Falls, VA 22066
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org